A stunning lace poncho is an essential summer layering item. Wear it over a tank top or to dress up a summer gown. Make it in a single color or two-color, where the color gradually shifts as you knit in two strands of delicious lace weight yarn. You can choose from two lengths: Short, Mid or Long length and three neck sizes: Small 20”, Medium 22″, or Large 24”.
Our sample is shown in:
- Lavish Lace (Pinky Peony & Papaya Bright)
- Short Length
- Medium Neck
Kits per size:
- Short – 18” long – 2 skeins, 800 6/0 beads
- Mid – 31” long – 4 skeins, and 1400 6/0 beads
- Long – 38”long – 6 skeins, 2100 6/0 beads
- All kits also contain:
- Pattern Download Code
- 14 Stitch Markers
Choice of Base:
- Lavish Lace – 100% Superwash Merino – 925 yds per 100g
- Wispy – 55% Superwash Bluefaced Leicester, 45% Silk – 875 yds per 100g
This project is knit with two strands held together. You can either select two colors for a color shift from one color gradually to the second color, or you can select one color for a solid effect. You can select your colors from any Stock colors.
You will need:
- US 3 (3.25 mm) 16” (40 cm) circular needle
- Longer US 3 (3.25 mm) 40-60″ (100-150 cm) circular needle
- Tool to apply beads
The pattern is fully written out and charted. Basic knit increases and decreases (yo, k2tog, ssk) are included, but anything beyond that is explained in detail. We will be working in the round, knitting simple lace, and adding optional beads.